Friday, July 07, 2006

I need a camera to my eye

Had a nice low-key night last night. I went to Dawson's and we taped some footage for the video podcasts we're going to start doing. After we finished, I roped him into coming with me to Katy Bowser-Hutson's CD Release party. We got there a little late, but I'm glad we made it. Everything sounded great and it was really great to see everyone. Kelly & David Richter were there in town from St.Louis and Derek and Sandra were back from their travels. I was really happy to see everyone. Afterwards, we called LT with intentions of meeting up with that crew, but we both didn't want to go to a smoky bar, so we went to Kroger and bought groceries. Funny alternative.

It was still pretty early, so I called Bob and ended up going over to his and Peter Noble and Amy and Ben's house. We ended up talking for a few hours and then Peter showed me the room he built in the basement where he lives. Peter's family makes these amazing cameras called Noblex that have a rotating slit to expose the 120 film it uses creating these amazing panoramic images.




He had a couple there and a couple more 35mm versions. It was unbelievably fun to get to play with them. I was so excited about it, then he said, "Oh. I have to show you my other camera." Then he pulls out a Hasselblad. I couldn't believe it. Then he told me that he got it from Bob's uncle who inherited two and was going to sell them for $250. I just can't get over it. But, Peter said I can borrow them sometime. I'm already excited. :)

I have to clean again today. We're having another birthday party for Dawson. The first one had to be moved inside b/c it rained. But, this one is going to be an outside fiesta. Butterfly's making a bunch of tacos and I'm baking two cakes (pictures to come). Also, my mom's coming in town to go to the doctor and I have to clean the house to show her friend Pam.

Last night at the Radio Cafe, we talked about blogging Daniel Tashian style. In retrospect, it's hard to stop blogging like that in a way. It's like reading a book. When you read that writer everyday, it effects your syntax and style in writing and thought. Funny.

No comments: