Friday, July 11, 2008

these dreams go on when i close my eyes

woke up this morning around 4:30am stressed out over a dream. In the dream, Matthew Jones, Katie and a few other people and I were in this play. It was almost felt a bit medieval in the time period of the play....at least the costumes looked as such, but could have just as easily been 17th century garb. In the first part of the dream, we were at the dress rehearsal for the play. I'm not in the first part of the play, and it is not until I am backstage during this part that I realize I haven't even looked at the script and no none of my lines. I read from the script and no one really mentions anything about it.

This may have given my dream "me" false confidence b/c....fast forward to the next night (opening night) and i suddenly realize i know no more of my lines than i did the day before. AND i'm walking around backstage making small talk as the first act is starting. A woman I knew as I child in Kentucky is apparently the stage manager in this dream and she grabs me and inquires as to why the hell i haven't been to makeup and wardrobe yet. I don't have an answer. How the hell am i going to get through this? I know NONE of my lines and it's an entire play that has just started. I start frantically memorizing my first line as a woman layers stage makeup on my face. By the time I've nearly got the first line, I realize this is not going to work. Even if i get the first line, there's still a whole freakin play i DON'T know. I start thinking of escape options....throw up (this might happen whether i plan it or not), migraine (they'll never believe it...besides...not dramatic enough to merit my absence, probably)... gosh. i better think of something...and how!

it's about this time that i wake up, look at the clock and realize it's 4:30am. ugh. I try and go back to sleep and eventually do, but spend the rest of my next dream trying to explain the dream to a cafeteria table full of the people who were in the first style. (not unlike Dorothy's "you were there...and you" speech. Only in this 2nd dream, I recover a document that can help me explain the dream. I can actually picture it right now, but it's difficult to explain as some of the "letters" look like xeroxes of a cartoon keyboard square. so weird.

so, here i am... up at 7am. maybe i can get some work done before we head to Pickwick this weekend. Annie, Raina and Brandi flew in from Colorado yesterday for the very long weekend. I'm so glad they're here. we went to las paletas last night. i got lime and loved it, but as one who loves trying many flavors to determine my favsies, it was exponentially enjoyable as everyone got different flavors. highlights: pistachio, coconut, strawberries w/ choco chips. mmm. see? does that look delicious? As we were leaving, the owner was pulling up with fresh produce (i saw a lot of peaches) from the farmer's market to use for tomorrow's popsicles. doesn't get much fresher or awespome-r than that.



(L to R from bottom): me: lime, Brandi: pistachio, Raina: plum, Annie: Strawberries & Chocolate Chips, Katie: Grapefruit, Natalie: Coconut) mmmm


aight. off to give scout a bath and clean the house a bit before i start the work train. happy friday.

No comments: