Wednesday, February 22, 2006

Don't go chasin' waterfalls

i know it's been a few days since this happened, but i went to fall creek falls over the weekend and meant to post about it. i did not. i'm sorry. however, his mercies are new in the morning.

It snowed quite a bit (for TN) and I even took off on, what turned out to be, a 6 mile hike to the falls. I went by myself and it was so great. I took off kind of late but kept saying to myself "well, i've come this far..." so, i ended up walking the last 1 1/2 miles in the dark on an ice/snow covered path. it was so quiet the whole way. for some reason, the last stretch i decided to pull out the ole ipod and listen to death cab's "transatlaticism". it turned out to be a good decision. those last tracks are just killer. i'm working on a little collage of the falls, but here's a normal one. :)



In other really sweet news, Charissa got engaged the friday we arrived at the falls. sooooooo awesome. :) congrats, kids.

No comments: