Wednesday, February 08, 2006

these things that circle round today

Thoughts on this day....

Working out at the Y today, I was wondering a thought I frequent.... with all of these people working out on stair machines and rowing thingys and treadmills, can't we power the rest of the building? can't we run the lights of this building using the energy we're creating here? I don't know if it's possible, but it seems logical.

I've always thought a lot about working on records or art or.... anything, really... that you don't think is good, or you don't believe in. (pay no attention to the punctuation or syntax in the previous sentence) I thought for years that if I thought a record sucked, i shouldn't work on it and perpetuate bad art. You give your name to something and say it's worth all that goes with that, right? There are more than a few things in life that when the "rubber met the road" so to speak, I found myself unsure of what I once was sure of. This is one. I'm currently in the muck of this. Am I giving in? Am I using my empty bank account as an unjustified excuse? Do I not trust I'll be provided for? I can answer that last one, but it still needs to be asked.

just know you're doomed from the start if you audition to be in a band for a girl described as a "one woman band".
http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=5187870

i deleted 1,386 emails this weekend. i love plane rides.

may i never forget, (or more realistically be constantly reminded each time i forget) of my context and purpose in this world. i live in a town where i pay to go to building and run in place. there are people who have to walk miles to get unclean water to keep them alive.

there are people like Fred Phelps http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=5192571
i hope i can realize that and be moved to act, not merely moved to despair.
there are people like Coretta Scott King and Judy Whitten.
i hope i can realize that and be moved to increase the good, not merely moved to despair that i am not .

1 comment:

char said...

oh my. that's a brilliant idea. a self-powered Y. p.s. i found your blog...in case you didn't realize.