Saturday, March 18, 2006

there is no sunken treasure.



sweet fancy moses the wilco show was good. seems too much to re-tell. but here's the setlist and a few pics (not of my taking). just close your eyes and envision awesome. ... it was better than that.

1. Sunken Treasure
2. Remember The Mountain Bed
3. Airline To Heaven
4. At My Window Sad And Lonely
5. Forget The Flowers
6. When The Roses Bloom Again
7. California Stars
8. Muzzle Of Bees
9. Hell Is Chrome
10. Spiders (Kidsmoke)
11. Jesus, Etc.
12. Walken
13. Handshake Drugs
14. I Am Trying To Break Your Heart
15. A Shot In The Arm
16. At Least That's What You Said
17. The Late Greats

Encore 1:
18. Hummingbird
19. new song (Maybe The Sun Will Shine Today)
20. Theologians
21. I'm The Man Who Loves You
22. Kingpin

Encore 2:
23. Passenger Side
24. War On War


Encore 3:
25. Acuff-Rose (Jeff solo acoustic unplugged)


So, for the last encore, Tweedy came out and said something like, "I hate to say goodbye, so I'll leave you with this song. I'm going to play it the way it was supposed to be played in this room". He then unplugs his guitar and walks away from the mic to the front of the stage. The crowd who was moments ago dancing and jumping (unlike I've ever seen in that room) was now completely silent and straining to see/hear what was happening. you could hear a pin drop, but instead you heard jeff f-ing tweedy sing and play and...melt my heart of stone. It was good night. Fun abounded.

2 comments:

mbh said...

agreed.

Whit said...

so jealous