Thursday, June 26, 2008

there is a light that will sometimes go out

...and tonight i have found many of them. You see, I'm hosting my friend Allan's birthday party in my backyard on Saturday. We've spent the last week painting, scraping, power washing, rearranging,building, fixing and generally working on the house. It's been pretty exhausting, i'll admit. Now that the parental units have gone, i'm working by myself and getting a bit overwhelmed. I'm trying to stay positive, so i'm giving myself as many small, focused projects as possible. Today, as soon as we got home from Louisville, I got a little work done on the compy, then got to work.

I installed a clothes rack in the attic to house some more clothes temporarily. It was absurdly hot and a desk fell on me, but I finished and took about 4 loads of clothes up there to store. I ended up biting the bullet and weedeating despite the crazy heat. After that was finished, i decided to finish burying the wires for the outdoor lighting by digging little trenches for the wires to rest in, then covering them with dirt. It was a little fun getting to use the axe and the pick axe with the shovel, but after a while, the wonder fades and it's just hard work.

Wanting to light the back corner of the yard with Christmas lights, I scurried up to the attic and brought down 2 large rubbermaid tubs of lights....only lights. I would like to report that after untangling and testing each strand, i have found 4 strands of white lights that work. seriously? 2 tubs and only four strands work??!? it boggles the damn mind, i tell ya.


No comments: